How to liven up a deviled egg!! Just enough hot to let you know it is there!
Pickle and Jalapeño Deviled Eggs
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Lindsey Lower
Minced gherkins and pickled jalapeños give Pickle and Jalapeño Deviled Eggs a perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
Yield: Serves 12
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 87
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Sodium: 166mg
- 1 dozen eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced gherkins
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 thinly sliced gherkin pieces
- Steam eggs in a vegetable steamer 16 minutes; cool slightly, and peel. Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and remove yolks; mash yolks.
- Stir mayonnaise, yogurt, minced gherkins, jalapeño, vinegar, salt, and pepper into yolks. Divide among whites; top each egg with 2 thinly sliced gherkin pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note