Picante Shrimp Tacos with Tropical Salsa
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped mild green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, trimmed and thinly sliced
- medium red onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) unsalted diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed according to package instructions
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- For salsa: Mix all of the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl; refrigerate.
- For tacos: Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, red onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Stir in the shrimp, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the shrimp are firm and opaque in the thickest part, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/8 of shrimp mixture onto a tortilla; top with a portion of salsa and cheese. Fold in the edges and roll up tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
- Servings: 8
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 490; Total fat 18g; Saturated fat 7g; Cholesterol 160mg; Sodium 800 mg; Carbohydrate 51g; Fiber 4g; Protein 31g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 70%DV; Calcium 35%DV; Iron 30%DV
- *Daily Value
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Picante Shrimp Tacos with Tropical Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes