- 2 1/4 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (100° to 110°), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- calories 359
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- fat 8.5 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 2.6 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 14.9 g
- carbohydrate 59 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 17 mg
- iron 4.6 mg
- sodium 485 mg
- calcium 143 mg
How to Make It
To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in a large bowl; stir in 1/2 cup flour. Let stand 30 minutes. Add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water, 1 1/2 cups flour, and salt, stirring to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), roll each portion into a 7-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place dough circle in pan. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cheese. Cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts and dough is browned on bottom. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and cheese.
To prepare filling, combine tomatoes and remaining ingredients; toss gently to coat. Spoon 3/4 cup tomato mixture into each crust, and fold over.