My BF will love this! He loves anything with coconut in it. ;-)
Piña Colada Ice Cream Cake
Yield: 6 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.30
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 492
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup golden rum
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup drained canned crushed pineapple
- 1 pint coconut ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 4-by-8-inch loaf pan, line bottom with parchment paper and butter parchment; dust with flour.
- In a small bowl, stir together eggs, 2 Tbsp. cream and 1 Tbsp. rum. Sift flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add butter and half of egg mixture and beat with an electric mixer until well-blended, 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add remaining egg mixture and beat well. Fold in coconut. Scrape batter into pan and bake until cake is light golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then unmold, remove parchment and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Wash and dry loaf pan and line completely with plastic wrap. Using a serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into 3 equal layers. Brush 2 Tbsp. rum evenly over cut sides of cake. Place bottom third in loaf pan. In a bowl, beat remaining 6 Tbsp. cream with remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar until stiff peaks form. In a small bowl, stir together pineapple and remaining 1 Tbsp. rum. Fold pineapple mixture into cream.
- Spread ice cream evenly over cake in pan. Top with middle cake layer, then spread with pineapple-cream mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours or up to 2 days.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Unmold and peel away plastic wrap. Cut into 1-inch slices with a hot knife, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This