Piña Colada Crème Brûlée
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut rum*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir together pineapple, whipping cream, and next 5 ingredients. Pour pineapple mixture evenly into 6 (6-ounce or 3/4 cup) ramekins; place ramekins in a large roasting pan. Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake at 300° for 50 to 55 minutes or until almost set. Cool 30 to 45 minutes in water in pan on a wire rack. Remove ramekins from pan; cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar evenly over each custard; place ramekins in roasting pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 7 minutes or until sugar melts. Let stand 5 minutes to allow sugar to harden. Sprinkle coconut evenly over each custard.
- *Substitute 1 teaspoon coconut extract for coconut rum, if desired.
- Note: Make a second batch (rather than double the recipe) for a larger crowd. Sugar may be browned with a professional culinary torch available from specialty kitchen shops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note