- 33 shortbread cookies (2 cups crumbs)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (10-ounce) can frozen piña colada mix concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 2 (8-ounce) cans crushed pineapple in juice, drained and patted dry
- Rum-Spiked Whipped Cream
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
How to Make It
Process shortbread cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter; pulse 3 or 4 times or until blended. Press firmly into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in piña colada mix and coconut extract. Pour into prepared crust.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven, with door closed, 1 hour. Remove from oven, and run a knife around edge of pan, and release sides. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Sprinkle pineapple evenly over cheesecake. Spread Rum-Spiked Whipped Cream over pineapple; sprinkle with coconut. Store in refrigerator.