More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 120
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 21.9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 18 (14 x 9-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Return potatoes to pan. Add sour cream, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and pepper; mash mixture with a fork or potato masher until smooth. Stir in onions. Cool to room temperature.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); layer with 2 additional phyllo sheets. Cut phyllo stack in half crosswise. Top each half with about 2 tablespoons potato mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting with short side. Tuck ends under; place rolls, seam sides down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo and potato mixture to total 12 knishes. Lightly coat knish tops with cooking spray. Place knishes in an airtight container; freeze up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place frozen knishes on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers