Philly Chicken Sandwiches
Sandwiches don't have to be boring! Philly Chicken Sandwiches start with shredded rotisserie chicken, provolone cheese, and sauteed onion and red bell pepper on whole-grain buns.
More From Allyou
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 424
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Sodium: 842mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded skinless meat from a rotisserie chicken (about 8 oz.)
- 6 whole-grain sandwich rolls
- 6 slices provolone
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Warm oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in chicken and season with salt. Cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 2. Pile chicken mixture onto bottom halves of rolls. Top each portion with a slice of cheese and top halves of rolls. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note