Offer plenty of napkins with this deliciously messy sandwich. It consists of thinly sliced roast beef and sautéed onions smothered in cheese and served on a bun.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 374
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 36.2g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 1488mg
- Calcium: 204mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. processed cheese, cubed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced roast beef, shredded
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- 4 hot dog buns, toasted
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell peppers, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat; cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in sugar, oregano, vinegar, salt, and cheese; cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- 3. Combine beef and broth in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until hot.
- 4. Divide beef mixture evenly among buns; top each with cheese mixture.
- MENU IDEA FOR 4 * Philly Cheesesteaks * Broccoli florets and Ranch dressing
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: olive oil, bottled minced garlic, sugar, dried oregano, white wine vinegar, salt, Ranch dressing * 1 large onion * 1 small red bell pepper * 1 small green bell pepper * 4 oz. processed cheese (we tested with Velveeta) * 3/4 lb. thinly sliced roast beef * 1 can beef broth or 1 jar beef bouillon * 1 package hot dog buns * 1 lb. broccoli florets
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note