- 8 ounces flank steak, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Smoky Haricots Verts and Mushrooms
- calories 424
- fat 10.3 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 25.9 g
- carbohydrate 53.6 g
- fiber 8.2 g
- cholesterol 44 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 675 mg
- calcium 172 mg
How to Make It
Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep stone or baking sheet in oven).
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into very thin slices.
While steak cooks, place dough in a medium microwave-safe bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) for 45 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface; pierce liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven, and sprinkle with cornmeal. Arrange dough on pizza stone. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until browned and crisp.
While crust bakes, return skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion and bell peppers; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add steak; sauté 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and soy sauce. Arrange steak mixture over crust.
Combine milk and flour in a 4-cup glass measuring cup; stir with a whisk until smooth. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in cheese and remaining ingredients. Drizzle cheese mixture over pizza. Cut into 8 wedges.