philly cheesesteak burger
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 sweet red pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/2 pound(s) button mushrooms sliced
- 12 thin slices provolone cheese
- 3/4 pound(s) whole-wheat italian bread cut into 6 pices and sliced in half horizontally
- Pepperoncini (optional)
- Form ground sirloin into 6 equal-size patties and refrigerate.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add pepper and mushrooms and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Heat gas grill to medium-high or coals in a charcoal grill to medium-hot. Lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.
- Grill burgers for 3 minutes per side, covered, or until internal temperature registers 160 on an instant-read thermometer. Turn off heat and place 2 slices of cheese on top of each burger. Cover and wait a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Place burgers on bread with onion mixture spooned over top. Serve with pepperoncini, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mthompson82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note