philly cheesesteak burger
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 sweet red pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/2 pound(s) button mushrooms sliced
- 12 thin slices provolone cheese
- 3/4 pound(s) whole-wheat italian bread cut into 6 pices and sliced in half horizontally
- Pepperoncini (optional)
- Form ground sirloin into 6 equal-size patties and refrigerate.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add pepper and mushrooms and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Heat gas grill to medium-high or coals in a charcoal grill to medium-hot. Lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.
- Grill burgers for 3 minutes per side, covered, or until internal temperature registers 160 on an instant-read thermometer. Turn off heat and place 2 slices of cheese on top of each burger. Cover and wait a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Place burgers on bread with onion mixture spooned over top. Serve with pepperoncini, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mthompson82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes