Obviously you don't pay attention to reader's reviews. 2 people commented on the fact the ingredients did not list meat but instead listed "8oz package vegetarian" and asked you to make a correction. One person asked in November 2010 and the other March 2011. Here it is April 2011 and still no correction. What gives?????
In this meatless version of a Philly Cheesesteak, the recipe replaces the traditional beef strips with vegetarian steak strips.
More From Southern Living Cooking School
Bake: 8 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8-oz.) package MORNINGSTAR FARMS Meal Starters Steak Strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 (2.5-oz.) hoagie rolls, split
- 4 (1-oz.) provolone cheese slices
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms, and sauté 13 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add steak strips and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in dressing, and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- 2. Arrange steak mixture evenly on bottom roll halves; top with cheese and remaining roll halves. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until toasted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note