- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8-oz.) package MORNINGSTAR FARMS Meal Starters Steak Strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 (2.5-oz.) hoagie rolls, split
- 4 (1-oz.) provolone cheese slices
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms, and sauté 13 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add steak strips and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in dressing, and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Arrange steak mixture evenly on bottom roll halves; top with cheese and remaining roll halves. Arrange on a baking sheet.
Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until toasted.