- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak
- 4 tablespoons Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Omega Plus
- 2 medium green and/or red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 package (10 oz.) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 slices American cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1 bag (8 to 10 oz.) torn romaine lettuce leaves OR baby spinach leaves
How to Make It
Season steak, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Omega Plus over medium-high heat and cook steak, turning once, 6 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet. Let rest, then thinly slice.
Meanwhile, in same skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread over medium-high heat and cook green peppers, mushrooms and onion, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes or until onion is golden and tender. Stir in broth and vinegar, then top with cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Remove cover and stir until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss 1/2 of the pepper mixture with lettuce. Arrange on serving platter, then top with steak and remaining pepper mixture.
TIP: Try serving on Italian rolls for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches.