Philly Cheese and Ground Beef Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Philly Cheese and Ground Beef Casserole
- Bring the fabulous flavor of Philly cheese steak sandwiches to a comforting casserole!
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- 1 1/2
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- package (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- slices (1 oz each) provolone cheese
- tablespoons butter or margarine
- large onions, halved and thinly sliced into wedges
- medium red bell peppers, cut into strips
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle original biscuits
- 1.Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2.In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Place in baking dish. Arrange cheese over beef mixture, overlapping slices if needed.
- 3.In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell peppers. Cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer. Spoon over cheese in baking dish.
- 4.Separate dough into 8 biscuits. On lightly floured surface, pat biscuits into 5-inch circles. Arrange biscuits over vegetable mixture.
- 5.Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown on top.
- Makes 8 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Philly Cheese and Ground Beef Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes