Phil's Cajun Red Beans and Rice
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) dried red beans
- 1 cup(s) red wine
- 1.5 large onions, choppped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 heaping tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) dried parsley
- 4 cup(s) beef broth
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) heaping, cajun spice
- 2-3 pound(s) smoked sausage, sliced
- The night before, pick through the beans to remove rocks, etc. and rinse twice
- In large stock pot, put beans, garlic, wine, onions, green pepper, jalapeno, parsley, cajun spice, broth and water. Mix together well so flavors blend evenly.
- Let soak overnight either refrigerated or unrefrigerated.
- The next day, add the sausage.
- Bring the pot to boil, turn down heat and simmer for 3 hours or until beans are fall apart tender.
- Layer beans over white rice, with chopped green onions on top, and Louisiana Hotsauce to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Phil's Cajun Red Beans and Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes