Pheasant with Wine
Community Recipe from
- 2 whole(s) Young Pheasants pieced like chicken
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- 1 pinch(s) Rosemary crushed
- 1 pinch(s) Sage
- 1 whole(s) Bay Leaf crumbled
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots Shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) Celery Diced
- 1 can(s) Condensed Onion Soup
- 1/4 cup(s) Dry White Wine
- 1/2 pound(s) Onions (Pearl)
- Lightly season pheasant pieces w/pepper to taste. In deep skillet, brown in oil, rosemary, sage & bay leaf. Remove pheasant and add carrots & celery; cook for a few minutes. Stir in soup & wine. Replace meat & add onions. Cook covered over low heat for an hour or until pheasant is tender.
- Notes: I usually double the carrots and celery. It make an excellent gravy to serve over pheasant and mashed potatoes. Add a salad on the side and enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DaveReichert and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pheasant with Wine Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes