Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 cup(s) confectioner's sugar
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup(s) light-brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the confectioners' sugar in a brown paper bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, pepper, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Place butter, brown sugar, and molasses in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture; beat until just combined. Pinch off dough in tablespoon amounts; roll into 1 1/4-inch balls. Arrange balls 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. (Dough can be frozen at this point, covered tightly with plastic wrap, up to 1 month.)
- Bake until cookies are golden and firm to the touch with slight cracking, about 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer sheets to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Working in batches, place cookies in paper bag; shake until well coated. Let cool completely on wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by alithurbs and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note