Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) anise extract
- 1/2 cup(s) molasses
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) shortening
- 1/4 cup(s) margarine
- 2 eggs
- For Dusting
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- Cook Molasses, honey, shortening, margarine over medium heat until thick and creamy. allow to cool and stir in eggs.
- Combine flour,sugar,salt,baking soda, spices, and anise extract together in large bowl. Add molasses mixture. stir thoroughly and refrigerate two hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. roll dough into balls and place on baking sheet 1 inch apart
- bake 10-15 minutes. allow to cool on rack. roll in powdered sugar if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Allysoybean and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note