Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) anise extract
- 1/2 cup(s) molasses
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) shortening
- 1/4 cup(s) margarine
- 2 eggs
- For Dusting
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- Cook Molasses, honey, shortening, margarine over medium heat until thick and creamy. allow to cool and stir in eggs.
- Combine flour,sugar,salt,baking soda, spices, and anise extract together in large bowl. Add molasses mixture. stir thoroughly and refrigerate two hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. roll dough into balls and place on baking sheet 1 inch apart
- bake 10-15 minutes. allow to cool on rack. roll in powdered sugar if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Allysoybean and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes