Petrale Sole with Brown Butter and Tarragon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4- to 5-ounce) petrale sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 lemon wedges
- Combine flour, cornmeal, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large, shallow plate. Dredge fish, one at a time, in mixture.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick sauté pan over high heat just until smoking. Carefully add fish fillets in a single layer. (Do not overlap fillets or overcrowd the pan.) Cook over high heat 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy on one side.
- Turn fish fillets over with a spatula. Add tarragon and butter to pan. Cook about 1 minute or until fillets just begin to flake and butter turns golden brown. Transfer fillets to serving plate. Season to taste with salt. Serve warm with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note