- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4- to 5-ounce) petrale sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 lemon wedges
How to Make It
Combine flour, cornmeal, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large, shallow plate. Dredge fish, one at a time, in mixture.
Heat oil in a large, nonstick sauté pan over high heat just until smoking. Carefully add fish fillets in a single layer. (Do not overlap fillets or overcrowd the pan.) Cook over high heat 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy on one side.
Turn fish fillets over with a spatula. Add tarragon and butter to pan. Cook about 1 minute or until fillets just begin to flake and butter turns golden brown. Transfer fillets to serving plate. Season to taste with salt. Serve warm with lemon wedges.