Petite Pear Cakes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Anjou pears, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed sweetened dried cranberries
- Cooking spray for baking
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Garnishes: thawed fat-free whipped topping, sweetened dried cranberries
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat spread and granulated sugar at high speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg, and beat until blended. Gently fold in flour mixture. (Mixture will be dry. Do not overwork.) Fold in pears and cranberries just until combined.
- 2. Spoon batter into 24 miniature-muffin cups coated with cooking spray for baking, filling completely full.
- 3. Bake at 350º for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack, and cool 1 hour or until completely cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note