Have been making this for years. Super fast, tasty, and relatively healthy - a perfect weeknight meal for both adults & kids.
Pesto Tortellini and Zucchini Salad
Serve this fragrant, colorful salad with warm whole wheat rolls and precut fresh cantaloupe or honeydew melon. Look for fresh tortellini in the refrigerated section of your supermarket. You can substitute yellow squash for zucchini.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 336
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Carbohydrate: 45.9g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 586mg
- Calcium: 220mg
- 2 (9-ounce) packages fresh three-cheese tortellini
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 4 cups zucchini, halved and thinly sliced (about 2 zucchini)
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato (about 4 tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add the garlic and zucchini, and sauté 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Combine pasta, zucchini mixture, and tomato in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat.
- Combine reserved 1/4 cup cooking liquid, pesto, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over pasta, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note