- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, finely chopped and toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole pine nuts
- Beat butter and Parmesan cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients, beating just until blended. Gradually stir in flour with a spoon (mixture will become crumbly); stir until mixture is blended and smooth (about 2 to 3 minutes). Or instead of stirring the dough with a spoon after adding flour, you can gently press mixture together with hands, and work until smooth.
- Shape shortbread dough into 8 (7-inch-long) logs. Wrap each log in plastic wrap, and chill for 8 hours.
- Cut logs into 1/3-inch-thick slices, and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Press 1 whole pine nut into the center of each dough slice.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove shortbread to wire racks, and let cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads