Pesto Penne with Green Beans and Potatoes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 633
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 86g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Sodium: 346mg
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg
- 12 ounces russet potatoes
- 12 ounces green beans, rinsed
- 12 ounces dried penne pasta
- 3/4 cup pesto (see notes)
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, peel potatoes; cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Trim and discard ends from beans; remove strings. Cut beans diagonally into 2- to 3-inch lengths.
- 3. When water is boiling, add potatoes and pasta and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Add beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender when pierced and pasta and beans are barely tender to bite, 4 to 6 minutes longer. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- 4. Return pasta mixture to pan and add pesto and 3/4 cup cooking liquid; mix gently. If desired, add more reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Gently stir in salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese to taste. Pour into a wide serving bowl or distribute evenly among plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables