Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Tomatoes
This pesto is also delicious over seared chicken with a piece of fresh mozzarella melted over the top. Heavenly! If you'd like to use gluten-free pasta, purchase Bionaturae or Ancient Harvest pasta.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 391
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36.4g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 412mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 8 ounces uncooked fusilli or rotini (corkscrew pasta)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1.3 ounces finely grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 1/3 cup), divided
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place in a large bowl, and keep warm.
- 3. Place garlic in food processor; process until minced. Add basil and next 4 ingredients (through pepper). With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until smooth.
- 4. Brush 1 tablespoon vinegar over onion slices; brush remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar over chicken. Place 2 cups tomatoes in center of each of 2 (24- x 12-inch) pieces of foil. Fold foil over tomatoes; tightly seal edges.
- 5. Place chicken, onion, and foil pouches on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill chicken, onion, and foil pouches 15 minutes or until onion is tender and tomatoes pop, turning all after 5 minutes. Remove onion and foil pouches from grill; turn chicken over, and cook an additional 5 minutes or until done. Let chicken stand 5 minutes. Chop onion; cut chicken into into 1/4-inch slices. Add pesto, tomatoes, chicken, and onion to pasta; toss well. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese; toss gently. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over servings. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This