I would take a little more effort with the pesto next time - it was very watery/brothy, and I would use more basil and some pine nuts to thicken. Was nice drizzled over the potatoes though, which, while basic, were creamy and smooth and lightly peppery.
Pesto Mashed Potatoes
Photo: Karry Hosford
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 190
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 312mg
- Calcium: 103mg
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds cubed peeled baking potato
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- To prepare pesto, combine first 4 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth, scraping sides.
- To prepare potatoes, place potato in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potato to pan. Add cheese and remaining ingredients; mash to desired consistency. Cook potato mixture 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon pesto.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables