Pesto Marinated Chicken Breasts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Classico pesto sauce or homemade pesto
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to break fibers and make thickness consistent
- The day before serving, mix the pesto with the lemon juice and salt. Pour into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish or medium bowl. Put the breasts in the marinade and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Put chicken breasts on the well-oiled rack of a hot grill. Cook for about 20 minutes. Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold for a picnic.
- TIP: This marinade is also marvelous on fish fillets. Simply substitute 4 (6 to 8 ounce) halbut fillets. Marinate the fillets for 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the fillets on a baking sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness. Cook 3/4 inch fillets for 10 minutes, larger ones for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note