- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces uncooked linguine
- Vegetable Medley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cups diced oyster mushroom caps, (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium (1/4x1/4-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- calories 511
- fat 15 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 8 g
- polyfat 4 g
- protein 16 g
- carbohydrate 74 g
- fiber 8 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 312 mg
- calcium 81 mg
How to Make It
Combine pesto ingredients (through olive oil) in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. While the pasta cooks, prepare the vegetable medley.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; sauté 2-3 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add mushrooms and pepper; continue cooking for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add basil, arugula, wine, and tomatoes; continue cooking 4-5 minutes.
Combine pesto with vegetable medley; then combine pesto-vegetable mixture with linguine.
Divide pasta evenly among 6 plates.