1. Combine pesto ingredients (through olive oil) in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. While the pasta cooks, prepare the vegetable medley.
3. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; sauté 2-3 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add mushrooms and pepper; continue cooking for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add basil, arugula, wine, and tomatoes; continue cooking 4-5 minutes.
4. Combine pesto with vegetable medley; then combine pesto-vegetable mixture with linguine.
5. Divide pasta evenly among 6 plates.