Pesto Lasagna with Bolognese and Garlic Cream
This tasty lasagna recipe is easy to make ahead and freeze for later. It's a true crowd-pleaser!
Yield: 8 servings
More From Oxmoor House
1 Hour, 12 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 377
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Protein: 27.2g
- Carbohydrate: 5.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 547mg
- Calcium: 177mg
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups Bolognese Sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked no-boil lasagna noodles (12 noodles)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine basil and 4 garlic cloves in a food processor; process until finely chopped. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended. Add Asiago; pulse 2 to 3 times until blended. Set pesto aside.
- 3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add flour, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook 6 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 4. Spread 1 cup Bolognese Sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9- inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 4 noodles; spread about 2 tablespoons pesto over noodles. Spread 2 cups Bolognese Sauce over pesto; drizzle with 1/2 cup white sauce. Repeat layers; top with remaining 4 noodles. Top with remaining pesto, Bolognese sauce, and white sauce.
- 5. Cover tightly with foil; bake at 350° for 1 hour or until thoroughly heated and noodles are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note