I prepared this last night; it was so good!! I added some zucchini, mushrooms, red onion & fresh pineapple chunks, along with the Halibut, in the Pesto marinade. Skewered it up and broiled...was delicious!! Will definitely be making it again! Thanks for such a great recipe!
Pesto Halibut Kebabs
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
Make this fresh, colorful 20-minute meal with just 4 simple ingredients.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 skewer and 1 lemon wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 36.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Place fish and bell pepper in a shallow dish. Drizzle pesto and vinegar over fish mixture; toss to coat. Let fish mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Thread fish and pepper alternately onto each of 4 (12-inch) skewers; sprinkle evenly with salt. Place skewers on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Broil for 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once.
If you can't find fresh halibut, substitute another mild, firm white fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note