Pesto-Goat Cheese Spread
Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 1 (11-ounce) log goat cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Chill 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week, or freeze in airtight containers up to 4 months. Serve with toasted pita chips or sliced baguettes.
- Pan-Fried Pesto-Goat Cheese Spread: Shape cheese mixture into logs, and wrap in wax paper; slice chilled logs into 1/2-inch rounds. Dip rounds in lightly beaten egg; dredge in Italian breadcrumbs. Pan-fry over medium-high heat in a little butter 1 minute on each side or until golden, and serve warm over a crisp, green salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Dips/Spreads