Pesto, goat cheese and sun dried tomato torta
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) basil coarsely chopped
- 1 cup(s) spinach loosely packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 4oz cheese parmesan grated (1 cp)
- freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 4 ounce(s) goat cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) sun dried tomato in oil padded & diced
- Chop basil, spinach and garlic in food processor. While machine is running, gradually add olive oil through
- > feed tube. Add Parmesan and process until almost smooth. Season with pepper. Set aside. Blend
- > cream cheese and goat cheese in a med. bowl until smooth.
- > Line a 3-Cup bowl with plastic wrap, leaving a 4-inch overhang. Mold one-third of cream cheese mixture
- > into a disk and distribute evenly in bottom of prepared bowl. Spread half of basil mixture over cheese.
- > Sprinkle with half of sun-dried tomatoes and half of nuts. Mold another 1/3 cheese mixture into a larger disk
- > and place on top of nuts. Repeat layers with remaining basil mixture, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and last
- > 1/3 of cheese. Tap bowl lightly to allow ingredients to settle. Fold plastic overhang over top and refrigerate.
- > Thirty minutes before serving, unfold plastic wrap and invert onto serving plate. Decorate top with
- > sun-dried tomato slices (or not). Serve at room temp with assorted gourmet crackers. Torta may be
- > made 3 days in advance and also freezes well. Serves 10-12
This recipe is a personal recipe added by STScully and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pesto, goat cheese and sun dried tomato torta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers