Okay changes that make this great and light Use fresh homemade herb pesto and Add tahini and used lemon zest and roasted garlic cloves... To make it lighter I reduced oil and substitute plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 (7-ounce) container pesto sauce*
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pita chips, assorted vegetables
- Remove and discard top layer of oil from prepared pesto sauce.
- Process beans and garlic in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. With processor running, pour pesto sauce, olive oil, and lemon juice through food chute, blending well. Transfer to serving bowl; stir in cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita chips and assorted vegetables.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used DiGiorno Basil Pesto Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note