Pesto-Crusted Grilled Cheese
More From Southern Living
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons jarred pesto sauce
- 8 sourdough bread slices
- 4 (1-oz.) fontina cheese slices*
- 1 (12-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 (1-oz.) Cheddar cheese slices
- 1. Stir together mayonnaise and pesto sauce. Spread evenly on 1 side of each sourdough bread slice. Place 4 bread slices, pesto sides down, on wax paper.
- 2. Layer 4 bread slices on wax paper each with 1 fontina cheese slice, bell peppers, and 1 Cheddar cheese slice; top with remaining bread slices, pesto sides up.
- 3. Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently pressing with a spatula, 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts.
- *Provolone or mozzarella cheese slices may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This