Pesto Chicken with Basil Cream
This also makes a great tapa, or appetizer. After grilling, let chicken rolls sit for 10 minutes, then slice into bite-size portions with an electric knife. Transfer to platter and serve basil cream as a dipping sauce.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 chicken breat halves skinned and boned
- 8 slice(s) proscuitto sliced paper thin
- 1/2 cup(s) pesto
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- Basic Cream separate recipe
- Fresh basil for garnish
- 1. Place each piece of chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4" thickness, using a smooth meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 2. Place 1 slice of proscuitoo and 1 tablespoon pesto in center of each chicken piece.
- 3. Roll up crosswise, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a pan, cover and chill overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling.
- 4. Combine olive oil, garlic, and pepper. Grill chicken over medium oals 15-20 minutes or until done, turning and brushing occasionally with olive oil mixture. Serve with Basil Cream. Garnish with fresh basil.
- 5. Chicken may be made ahead and reheated. Grill chicken until browned on all sides. Place in baking pan and cover tightly with foil. Heat on 250 degrees until cooked through, but no more than 1 1/2 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JGBerris and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note