Best chicken salad ever! We prefer it on focaccia bread...softer and available in a variety of flavors.
Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches
This hearty sandwich is a filling lunch recipe. Prepare the chicken salad at home the night before, and then assemble the sandwich at work the next day.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 26.4g
- Carbohydrate: 31.6g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 725mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup commercial pesto (such as Buitoni)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cubed skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 (1-pound) focaccia bread, cut in half horizontally, toasted, and cut into 20 slices
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 10 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in chicken, celery, and walnuts.
- Spread 1/2 cup of salad onto each of 10 bread slices. Top each serving with about 2 tablespoons bell pepper, 1 lettuce leaf, and one bread slice.
Note: Substitute baguettes for focaccia if you want.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note