- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned chicken breasts
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- calories 472
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 12.8 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 40.1 g
- carbohydrate 47.7 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 90 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 559 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Sprinkle pepper and salt over chicken; place chicken in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender. Let cool. Bone chicken, and cut into bite-size pieces.
Combine chicken, rice, and celery in a large bowl; toss lightly.
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cottage cheese and next 3 ingredients. Process until smooth. Add chopped basil; process until blended. Pour basil mixture over rice mixture; toss lightly. Stir in Parmesan cheese and almonds.
To serve, spoon 1 1/2 cups rice mixture onto each of 4 plates. Arrange tomato wedges evenly around rice mixture. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.