These Pesto-Chicken Calzones make the ultimate after-work, no-fuss meal. Packed with flavor--and vitamins, thanks to the broccoli.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 586
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Sodium: 1545mg
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- 1 pound purchased pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 cup cooked chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (about 4 oz.)
- Olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four equal pieces. Using a lightly floured rolling pin or your hands, roll or stretch each piece into a 6-inch round. If dough shrinks, let it rest about 5 minutes, then roll again.
- 2. Divide mozzarella among the dough rounds, then top equally with pesto, broccoli, and chicken.
- 3. Gently pull half of dough over filling to make a half-moon shape. Fold bottom edge over top edge and pinch firmly to seal. Brush calzone tops lightly with olive oil. Transfer to a large baking sheet.
- 4. Bake calzones on middle rack until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes (15 to 20 minutes in a convection oven). Let cool about 5 minutes, then transfer to plates.
- Note: To make in advance, prepare through step 3, then freeze on a baking sheet. When frozen, wrap each calzone with aluminum foil and keep in freezer for up to 1 month. Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note