Pesto Chicken and Orecchiette with Green Peas and Tomatoes
Pasta with pesto, chicken, tomatoes, and green peas.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) orecchiette or other short pasta
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) white onions diced
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts sliced thin
- 8 tablespoon(s) pesto
- 2 cup(s) peas frozen
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken. Cook chicken uncovered until it is done, about 8 minutes.
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, add frozen peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are warmed through and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well and return peas to the pot. Add tomatoes and cook on medium-low heat for 45 seconds. Remove from heat.
- To pasta in pot, add the pesto, chicken, onions, peas, and tomatoes. Mix well and keep warm. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mjobrien and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note