Pesto Chicken and Orecchiette with Green Peas and Tomatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) orecchiette or other short pasta
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) white onions diced
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts sliced thin
- 8 tablespoon(s) pesto
- 2 cup(s) peas frozen
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken. Cook chicken uncovered until it is done, about 8 minutes.
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, add frozen peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are warmed through and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well and return peas to the pot. Add tomatoes and cook on medium-low heat for 45 seconds. Remove from heat.
- To pasta in pot, add the pesto, chicken, onions, peas, and tomatoes. Mix well and keep warm. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mjobrien and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note