- 3 ounces French bread baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup organic canola mayonnaise (such as Spectrum)
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated pesto
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 cups torn romaine lettuce
- calories 202
- fat 14.3 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 6.2 g
- polyfat 5.4 g
- protein 6.2 g
- carbohydrate 13.6 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 331 mg
- calcium 131 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place bread in a large bowl; drizzle with oil. Toss to coat. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden, turning once.
Grate 2 tablespoons cheese; shave remaining cheese to equal about 6 tablespoons. Set shaved cheese aside.
Combine grated cheese, mayonnaise, and next 8 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Combine croutons and lettuce in a large bowl. Drizzle mayonnaise mixture over lettuce mixture; toss to coat.
Place 1 1/3 cups salad on each of 6 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon shaved cheese.