The BEST way to use up fresh basil from your garden or farm share! Pesto freezes well in plastic baggies or ice cube trays.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) pine nuts, toasted
- 2/3 cup(s) parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 whole(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder or red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1. Blend basil with one tablespoon oil in blender or food processor.
- 2. Gradually add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KLMcNelis and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pesto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads