- 1 16-oz. package frozen sweet potato tots
- 2 ounces queso freso (fresh Mexican cheese), crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons ají amarillo paste (yellow hot pepper paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
How to Make It
Cook sweet potato tots according to package directions.
Pulse queso fresco, mayonnaise, sour cream, ají amarillo paste, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a food processor until smooth, 5 to 6 times.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Add beans, and cook, stirring occasionally, until warm, about 2 minutes.
Stir together cumin and remaining 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; sprinkle over hot sweet potato tots. Top tots with bean mixture, and drizzle with ají amarillo crema. Top evenly with radishes, onion, avocado, and pepitas. Serve immediately.