Peruvian Chicken with Green Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium, if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cloves garlic
- 8 small bone-in chicken thighs with skin (about 3 pounds)
- Green Sauce (recipe follows below)
- 1. Combine the cilantro, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, cumin, paprika, oregano, and the desired amount of cayenne in a blender; press in the garlic (about 2 tablespoons) and puree for the marinade. Combine the marinade and the chicken in a resealable plastic bag and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning the bag once.
- 2. Place an oven rack on the top shelf of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°F. Drain the chicken, discarding the marinade, and pat the chicken dry. Arrange the chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Top each portion with green sauce. Yield: 4 to 5 servings.
- Green Sauce: Combine 3 large scallions, trimmed and halved, 1/4 cup sliced Serrano chile with seeds and ribs, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 2 oz crumbled goat cheese (1/2 cup), 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 cup half-and-half in a blender and puree until smooth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes