I had a bunch of ripe persimmons that I needed to get rid of and not a lot of baking ingredients to do so. This recipe was perfect for the job AND amazingly yummy. I even left out the pinch of baking soda since I didn't have any and it still turned out perfect. Also goes well with vanilla ice cream!
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups persimmon pulp
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in persimmon pulp. Spoon into a greased, shallow 2-quart baking dish. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until set.
- Combine whipping cream and brandy; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve over warm pudding.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts