Persimmon Nut Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1 cup persimmon pulp, purÃ©ed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour, soda, salt, and mace; set aside.
- Combine sugar, eggs, bourbon, and persimmon pulp; mix well. Add persimmon mixture and butter to flour mixture, mixing well. Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 6-cup mold. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 to 20 minutes in mold. Remove from mold, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads