Photo: James Carrier
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 174
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 322mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 3 heads fennel (each 3 to 3 1/2 in. wide)
- 1 1/4 pounds firm-ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup 1/2-inch chunks Stilton or gorgonzola cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Rinse and drain fennel. Trim off tops; discard tough stalks and chop enough feathery greens to make 1/4 cup. Save remaining greens for other uses or discard. Trim and discard root ends and bruised areas from fennel heads. Cut fennel crosswise into 1/16- to 1/8-inch-thick slices. Combine sliced fennel and chopped fennel leaves in a wide, shallow bowl.
- 2. Peel and stem persimmons. Cut fruit crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices and put in another bowl. Add lemon juice and oil; mix gently. Holding fruit back, pour liquid over fennel. Mix fennel with dressing.
- 3. Arrange the persimmon slices over the fennel; sprinkle with cheese. Spoon salad onto plates and add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads