Photo: James Carrier
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 174
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 322mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 3 heads fennel (each 3 to 3 1/2 in. wide)
- 1 1/4 pounds firm-ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup 1/2-inch chunks Stilton or gorgonzola cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Rinse and drain fennel. Trim off tops; discard tough stalks and chop enough feathery greens to make 1/4 cup. Save remaining greens for other uses or discard. Trim and discard root ends and bruised areas from fennel heads. Cut fennel crosswise into 1/16- to 1/8-inch-thick slices. Combine sliced fennel and chopped fennel leaves in a wide, shallow bowl.
- 2. Peel and stem persimmons. Cut fruit crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices and put in another bowl. Add lemon juice and oil; mix gently. Holding fruit back, pour liquid over fennel. Mix fennel with dressing.
- 3. Arrange the persimmon slices over the fennel; sprinkle with cheese. Spoon salad onto plates and add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note