Notes: For pulp, cut stem from 1 rinsed soft-ripe Hachiya persimmon (about 1/2 lb.). Whirl fruit in a blender or food processor until smooth. Makes about 3/4 cup pulp; chill extra pulp airtight up to 2 days, or freeze.
This recipe goes with Avocado, Citrus, Jicama, and Persimmon Salad
More From Sunset
- Calories: 65
- Calories from fat: 89%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Cholesterol: 1.4mg
- 6 tablespoons Hachiya persimmon pulp (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons citrus juice
- 1/4 cup avocado or salad oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a food processor or blender, whirl persimmon pulp, vinegar, sage, garlic, mayonnaise, and juice until smooth and blended.
- 2. With motor running, pour in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note