Notes: For 4 servings, double the ingredients. The tarts are best eaten within an hour of baking.
Yield: Makes 2 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 441
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 67g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells, thawed
- 2 firm Fuyu persimmons (5 oz. each) or 1 Fuji apple (8 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons currant jelly
- Crème fraîche or lightly sweetened softly whipped cream
- 1. On a lightly floured board, roll each pastry shell into a 5- to 6-inch round. Set rounds about 2 inches apart on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet.
- 2. Peel persimmons or apple; quarter lengthwise, core, and slice 1/4 inch thick. Overlap slices attractively on pastries. Sprinkle half the cranberries and sugar evenly over each tart.
- 3. Bake in a 400° regular or convection oven until richly browned, 20 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, place jelly in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in a microwave oven on full power (100%) just until melted, 20 to 30 seconds. Brush jelly over hot tarts. Transfer tarts to racks. Serve warm or cool, topped with a dollop of crème fraîche.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note