- 2 frozen puff pastry shells, thawed
- 2 firm Fuyu persimmons (5 oz. each) or 1 Fuji apple (8 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons currant jelly
- Crème fraîche or lightly sweetened softly whipped cream
- calories 441
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- protein 5 g
- fat 18 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 67 g
- fiber 5.6 g
- sodium 123 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
On a lightly floured board, roll each pastry shell into a 5- to 6-inch round. Set rounds about 2 inches apart on a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet.
Peel persimmons or apple; quarter lengthwise, core, and slice 1/4 inch thick. Overlap slices attractively on pastries. Sprinkle half the cranberries and sugar evenly over each tart.
Bake in a 400° regular or convection oven until richly browned, 20 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, place jelly in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in a microwave oven on full power (100%) just until melted, 20 to 30 seconds. Brush jelly over hot tarts. Transfer tarts to racks. Serve warm or cool, topped with a dollop of crème fraîche.